пятница, 4 марта 2011 г.

Photographer №1. Richard Avedon

Indisputably, one of the greatest and most significant classics of photography was Richard Avedon.







Date and Place of birth: 15.05.1923, NYC
Education (photography): The Design Laboratory, New School for Social Research, NYC
Official web-site: www.richardavedon.com

There are a lot of web-sites and articles about Richard Avedon`s life and work, but I`ve decided to deal with those facts from his life which I find interesting.

So, in short:

1. Richard Avedon took his first photograph (portrait) when he was 10 years old. It was portrait of Russian composer Rachmaninov who lived just next door to Avedon.

2. Photographer`s first female model was his sister. After taking photographs of her, Avedon claimed he got in the hands of female charm.

3. Avedon used to work as a photographer for the Merchant Marines and took identification pictures of the crewmen. This experience helped him a lot in understand of features, mimics and main methods of portrait photography.

4. While studying at The Design Laboratory, Avedon met the art director for the fashion magazine Harper`s Bazaar - Aleksey Brodovich, who influenced Avedon`s career as a photographer.

5. It was Richard Avedon who discovered Twiggi.






6. At the age of 35 Avedon was appreciated by Popular Photography magazine as One of The World`s Greatest Photographers.



The Beatles.


7. After the death of Dovima Avedon said she was the last aristicrat among models.



 Dovima with elephants.



Dovima.



Carmen coat by Pierre Cardin.



"And if a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it`s as though I`ve neglected something essential to my existence, as though I`ve forgotten to wake up. I know that the accident of my being a photographer has made my life possible"  

Richard Avedon



Richard Avedon and Sofia Loren.



Sophia Loren.



Maya Plisetskaya.



Marilyn Monroe.



John Galliano.



Verushka.



Audrey Hepburn.



Audrey Hepburn.



Elizabeth Taylor.



Renee.



Suzy Parker and Robin Tattersall.



Elise Daniels.



Dalai Lama.






Georgia Hamilton.



Mila Jovovich.



Kate Moss.



Aleksey Brodovich.



 Nadja Auermann. "In Memory of the Late Mr and Mrs Comfort", 2004.



Nadja Auermann. "In Memory of the Late Mr and Mrs Comfort", 2004.



"There’s always been a separation between fashion and what I call my “deeper” work. Fashion is where I make my living. I’m not knocking it. It’s a pleasure to make a living that way. It’s pleasure, and then there’s the deeper pleasure of doing my portraits. It’s not important what I consider myself to be, but I consider myself to be a portrait photographer"  
Richard Avedon



Roberto Lopez, miner.



Debbie McClendon, carney. 



Billi Madd, truck driver.



                              
1.
   

2. 
 

3. 

 4. 
 

5. 

 6.
 

7.

 8.

9. 


By the way, Richard Avedon Foundation supports young photographers, scholars and sudents. There are 
various programmes provided by Foundation. Information can be found on www.richardavedon.com





Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий